Saturday, May 16, 2009

Oh What A Day...

Thanks to Brett for giving me such a great day today. On Monday, May 18th is my birthday and Brett and I decided to meet half way between Lima (where I'm at for the time being) and Cincinnati today since my birthday is on Monday and he has the weekend free. This turned out to be in Dayton, OH. I left at 9:30 am this morning to meet up with Brett by 11:00 am. Once I got there, I parked the SUV at the the Dayton Mall parking lot that is away from the mall. I backed the SUV in and then got into Brett's SUV and off we went to explore Dayton basically. I have driven through Dayton but never had a chance to be in Dayton. This was Brett's second time. So, every time we go somewhere new, I like to eat at a restaurant we never have ate out before. We ended up eating lunch at Rusty Bucket. It was a very nice restaurant and a great place to eat if you are ever up at the Dayton Mall in Dayton, Ohio.

After we ate, we decided to explore the city itself by going downtown. After going downtown, we decided to tour the campus at the University of Dayton. UD seemed like a kewl campus as we were going down every street possible looking at the different buildings, housings, and sports fields. But one thing concerns me about UD that I might have to ask my cousin about. Why are there so many funeral homes and graves yards throughout the campus? I'm going to get to the bottom of this one.

After the tour, we went back toward the mall to a "Healthy Food Store" which I must say it had just about all types of healthy food supplies that you will need. I honestly can see myself shopping there if there was a healthy food store near where I will be. After that we went to a computer store called "Computer Zoo". To be honest, I wasn't very impressed with the store. There wasn't very many computer parts and the employee was very rude I thought. Not to mention the cost of stuff there was outrageous. For example, this Acer One computer that I'm using to type up this blog right now, cost $248 at Wal-mart. Well, at this Computer Zoo place, it cost $449. Damn!!!!!! Know where to not get my computer parts. After the Computer Zoo, we went to Borders Book stores to look at a few books before walking around inside the mall it self. Not a bad mall after all.

After the mall, we went to the Danbarry Dollar Saver Movie to watch "Race to Witch Mountain" with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The movie was a lot better movie than I thought it would be. It was a funny movie. Possibly one that I would watch again. But before the movie though, Brett and I played a game of air hockey in which your truly won 7 to 2. Then after the movie we went to the Golden Dragon Chinese Buffet Restaurant for dinner.

Then after dinner we decided to call it the night and go back our separate way. So, he took me back to the SUV where I parked. Remember how I parked the SUV? Well, after a few minutes of talking to Brett, I got into the SUV and was getting situated when I just put the SUV into gear when I looked up and a police officer parked in front of me. So, for like 20 minutes he was running the plates on the SUV and my license. The reason he stopped me was because it just so happens the guy thought I was dealing drugs because the officer said usually when a car is backed in and occupied that drug deals are going on in that part of the parking lot. A perfect way to end the day before having to drive 1.5 hours back to Lima, Ohio.

So Brett, thank you for a great day and we will do it again maybe on your birthday in July. Depending on where I'm out.

TL

No comments:

Post a Comment