Sunday, January 16, 2011

Year 2011: Preview…

So, what does the year 2011 have installed for me?  As I’m sitting here in somewhat of pain from my tooth ache, the first thing I have coming up is pulling of a wisdom and one other tooth on January 21.  You know I’m looking forward for that.  NOT!!!!!!!!  Here are some things that should be coming up this year.  Of course not in any particular order.

1)  Car – last year I saved up my $2000 and this year Brighton Center should be release their part of the deal to me soon.  So, I’m kind of looking for me getting a car around the end of February or beginning of March.

2)  Possibly moving – Even though it’s not far but I’m looking to move into a two bedroom apartment here where I’m already staying.  If I can talk the landlord into the right lease and deal.  I’ll basically be moving next door where my neighbor/good friend moved out.  I’m going to talk to the landlord this week coming up.

3)  Vacation – for the first time in years, I’m looking to take a vacation.  Right now it’s scheduled for May 16 thru May 20, 2011.  In this week, sits my birthday.  Usually I just take my birthday day off but decided to do the whole week because I get a paid vacation from work.  Where I’m going is still up in the air.  Not quite sure yet or I might just stay home?

4)  AmeriCorps – My service year ends in September.  I do want to do another year of AmeriCorps but it has to be like a promotion for me.  So, if I don’t get hired somewhere, I’m planning on doing another year of AmeriCorps. I’m allowed up to four years of service.

5)  My Health – This is always on my agenda every year.  I need to start regulating my diabetes and monitoring my health better this year.  I really can’t afford these medical bills.  So, need to find a way to make myself more healthier.

6)  Visiting my mom – My mom wants me to come down soon to help her setup and transfer files from her old computer to her new computer.  That will probably be my first long trip shortly after getting the car.

7)  Computers – Maybe during this year, I can get some of my other computers back up and running.  So that I can either sell them or put them to use like I planned on using them in the first place.  Plus, I would like to create my own computer case from the plexi-glass that I’ve been saving for years.  Basically I have ideas with each of these computers I got.  For example, I want one computer to hold nothing but my music, movies, and videos files.  Another computer I want to turn into a server so that I can learn how to run a server.  I really have somewhat gotten away from this field.  I need to get back into technology.  It’s what my Master degree is in.

8)  Photography – I want to get back into photography.  This is something I have kind of gotten away from over the last few years.  But every time I hold a camera in my hand, I feel the happiness and my senses coming back to me.  So, one of my computers will be a photography editing computer.  But first I will need to save up for a Cannon Digital SLR during this year.

9)  2nd Job – Since I’m able to get a 2nd job this year, I might just do this to help with paying some of my bills, to save for that digital camera, and help fix my computers.  There is one particular job I wouldn’t mind working and that’s at a movie theatre.  So, I might apply for part time at one near by?

10)  Blog more – Something I want to do more of is blog.  I have a unique life that I can share my experiences with people.  Only if they come and leave comments and etc.  I know I might not be the best writer in the world but I have all kinds of information that it’s not funny and I want to share it.

So, if anybody wants to help me achieve any of my goals, please feel free to contact me.  I’m not always looking for money.  I’m also looking for a mentor in photography, computers, and in life.  I always wanted a mentor but never really got one.  I’m always needing guidance in something.  I’m a great person to be around and etc.

TL

No comments:

Post a Comment